Social Entrepreneurship Resources
BOOKS & ARTICLES
- Everyone a Changemaker: Social Entrepreneurship's Ultimate Goal (Bill Drayton, 2006)
Published in the Winter 2006 edition of MIT’s Innovations Magazine, “Everyone a Changemaker” outlines Ashoka Founder Bill Drayton’s vision for Ashoka and the historical transformation of the citizen sector.
Click here to download the article.
- Knowing History, Serving It. Ashoka's Theory of Change (Bill Drayton, 2003)
Ashoka's community of changemakers has the opportunity and responsibility to produce positive, systemic change. This article describes why we have this opportunity and how to leverage it.
Click here to read the article.
- How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas (David Bornstein, 2004)
Bornstein’s book tells the stories of people around the world who are approaching some of the world’s most intractable problems with innovative and exciting solutions, full of hope and energy. It features six Ashoka Fellows.
- Social Entrepreneurship (Johanna Mair, Jeffrey Robinson, Kai Hockerts) Palgrave Macmilan, 2006
This book stirs up serious debate in the field by examining what researchers around the world have written about social entrepreneurship - and what should be next on the agenda. It offers a selection of the best papers presented at the inaugural International Social Entrepreneurship Research Conference in Barcelona, 2005 and contains contributions from scholars in Europe, North America and South America.
- Stories of Change
Stories of Change is Ashoka’s electronic book series. Through these publications we will share the stories of the changemakers in the Ashoka community: Fellows, Youth Venturers, staff and partners. People who are producing system change solutions for social problems, inspiring innovation and creating an Everyone A Changemaker™ world.
Click here to view the series.
- Changemaking - Ashoka's e-Magazine
Click here to view the latest issue.
- Videos - Check out Ashoka's videos on Youtube!